Our Fundraising Drive has gotten off to a good start. With our Go Fund Me page getting more and more donations every day. Thank You! People who love the lighthouse have donated from $5 to over $1000.
But make your donation right here! Donation goes directly into the – SAVING THE SOUTH HAVEN LIGHTHOUSE FUND >>>
Or send a check to HASH:
Historical Association of South Haven
PO Box 552
South Haven, MI 49090
Some of our future events for the drive:
- Join us for hors d’oeuvres, musical entertainment and a video presentation about our famous lighthouse during our Kick-off Fundraising Celebration Thursday, May 7 at the South Haven Yacht Club.
- Purchase one of our chapbooks that highlights local poetry, short stories and artwork focusing on the lighthouse.
- Join us Aug. 7 to celebrate National Lighthouse Day by donating funds for government and community leaders as they spend 48 hours at the top of our lighthouse tower as part of the first-ever Lighthouse Sit.
The lighthouse needs a lot of help.
Did you know…
- South Haven’s lighthouse turned 100 years old in 2013?
- Our catwalk that connects to the lighthouse is one of only four that remain in the State of Michigan?
- Our lighthouse is one of the most photographed beacons on Lake Michigan?
- Our lighthouse ranks as South Haven’s No. 1 tourist attraction by Trip Advisor.com?
- Did you know thousands of South Haven lighthouse fan photos have circled the globe? Nearly 3,000 alone are posted on the photo sharing website, Flickr.com.
- Did you know that visitors spend $100 million dollars each year in Van Buren County and the lighthouse is one of their favorite landmarks to see when visiting South Haven?